- Planning and Development
- Subdivision Information
Any subdivision in the city’s jurisdiction must be done through the subdivision process in which a plat is recorded in the Lincoln County Register of Deeds. Prior to recordation, the plat must undergo review, which ensures that the subdivision meets all applicable regulations.
A subdivision where:
- No new roads are proposed or road rights-of-way dedicated
- The entire tract to be subdivided is ten acres or less in size;
- Where ten or fewer lots will result after the subdivision is completed; and
- Subdivision of a tract or parcel of land in single ownership meeting the following criteria:1. The tract or parcel to be divided is not exempted under division (2) of the term SUBDIVISION above;2. No part of the tract or parcel to be divided has been divided under this division in the ten years prior to division;
3. The entire area of the tract or parcel to be divided is greater than five acres;
4. After division, no more than three lots result from the division; and
5. After division, all resultant lots comply with all of the following:
A. Any lot dimension size requirements of the applicable land use regulations, if any;
B. The use of the lots is in conformity with the applicable zoning requirements, if any; and
C. A permanent means of ingress and egress is recorded for each lot.
A subdivision where
- New roads are proposed or rights-of-way are dedicated;
- The entire tract to be subdivided is greater than ten acres; or
- More than ten lots are created after the subdivision is completed.
For more information, please contact the Planning Department at (704) 736-8930 or by email
City of Lincolnton Subdivision Ordinance (UDO: Section 153.370)