The Assistant City Manager assists with the day to day operations of the City Manager’s office under the general direction of the City Manager. He plans, directs, manages and reviews the activities and operations of multiple City departments including Public Works, Utilities and Parks and Recreation. The position assumes the duties of the City Manager in his/her absence.
Essential Functions/Tasks Include:
• Serves as the primary staff management official to the City Manager
• Oversees the operations and direction of city departments as assigned by the City Manager
• Provides assistance to the City Manager in developing agenda items, researching background materials and presentations for the City Council
• Serves as administrative liaison with the general community, business interests, civic groups and other appointed /elected officials
• Researches and drafts new or amended policies for the City